20 July 2008

Great Scandinavian Road Trip: Day 15

Today was spent touring around Helsinki. At first, I thought I'd try out the free city-bikes that are scattered around the city. First, they are hideous looking to the point you would be embarrassed to be seen on one. Second, the one I tried had a broken seat that made it unrideable. So I chose to walk all day instead. Truth be told, I didn't see anyone using the free bikes all day.

Helsinki is a very small city (the center at least) that is very manageable by foot. There's a harbor and lots of old buildings.

There are also a number of very nice churches, including one that is buried into rock.


I managed to see a number of the musuems in town, hoping mainly to see a variety of displays relating to finnish or nordic/scandinavian design that is so famous. Unfortunately, there was little of that on display. Mostly it was just a lot of modern, post-modern, and whatever comes after that art. But, it was good to get to a museum again since it has been a while.

The rest of the pictures are here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home