16 July 2008

Great Scandinavian Road Trip: Day 11

Today started out heading north and ended heading south, thus marking the figurative halfway point of the trip. In the morning, I drove from Alta up to Nordkapp, the most northerly point of europe.

The scenery leading there was much more of what I imagined the north of Norway to be like, few trees, rocky hills, water, little traffic,

and reindeer.


From there I, obviously, turned south. The next stop from there was Karasjok, the Sami capital. There they had a couple of museums showing how their peopled used to live and how they lived today. It was interesting, though the displays were smaller than I had imagined.


There was one small problem today, the mosquito. The area around Karasjok definitely has a big mosquito problem, and I in turn have a big problem with the mosquitoes. I have bug spray, but lets hope this problem doesn't continue as I head into Finland. I'm afraid that it will.

The pics are here.

1 Comments:

At 6:51 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

There's the reindeer picture! Hmm, they have interesting horns. Aren't you tired of driving yet? I would be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home