19 July 2008

Great Scandinavian Road Trip: Day 14: Jax lands in jail

It's true, well sort of. My hotel in Helsinki is a converted prision (though it's actually well located and quite nice inside). Today was a long drive to see a castle in Savonlinna, the fortified city of Hamina, and Porvoo. The castle was nice, though you could only go into a few rooms for some reason. Hamina was interesting, but not something you could really take a picture of except from the air. I did stay and watch a couple innings of finnish baseball. It's quite a bit different from what I'm used to. Porvoo was a bit of a let down. The old district was smaller than I expected and all the little shops there had closed by the time I arrived.

On a lighter note, I think the Finland tourism people made a slight mistake in naming their magazine.

1 Comments:

At 8:59 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

Haha! I guess the Finns didn't do their market research. So you've spilled water on yourself, stepped in quicksand, and now you're in prison? Nice job, sounds like the best vacation EVER.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home