01 August 2009

Zermatt: Day 3

The last day of hiking was also the last day in Zermatt, and also the last day of the trip. Before starting my hike, I took the cable car up to the top of the the Klein Matterhorn. It is very high up, so high that stairs are hard and people are skiing in August.
From Zermatt
The views are amazing, so I stayed for a while just soaking it all in.
From Zermatt


After that, I took the cable car part way down to the start of my hike. The plan was to walk along the matterhorn glacier and then down most of the way into town. The hike would be mostly downhill, but pretty long in terms of distance. After a short while, I reached here and changed my plans.
From Zermatt
I sat down on the edge of a little pool with no one else around. It was such a relaxing spot that I sat and skipped stones and took in the scenery for a while. After that, I was too relaxed to do a long hike and decided to take the same amount of time and cover half the distance. The scenery on the first trail in the original plan was so nice that continuing on to another trail would have only been a disappointment by comparison. So I walked slowly and stopped often.
From Zermatt
From Zermatt
From Zermatt

Once I reached the bottom, I was relaxed and destressed, just as you want to be at the end of a trip.

1 Comments:

At 2:40 am, Blogger Sarah said...

Hmm, no animal pictures this go-round. Perhaps it's too cold for animals up there in the mountains. Seems like you had a good trip. Traveling is fun, but you never get to really relax until you're in one spot, so it seems good to end on that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home