30 July 2009

Zermatt: Day 1

The goal for the entire time in Zermatt was to do some nice day hikes followed by an afternoon nap before dinner. In other words, no rushing, just some relaxing time getting out and seeing nature. I definitely succeeded.

The first day I hiked up to the top of the Rothorn and took the cable car back down. The views along the way were excellent, with nice views of the Matterhorn especially.
From Zermatt


Instead of taking the most direct path to the top, I took a longer path that went past a number of small lakes.
From Zermatt
From Zermatt


After the lakes, there was a long climb up to the top of the mountain. But, it was worth it for the views of the glaciers and surrounding mountains.
From Zermatt
From Zermatt


Once I reached the top, I found a nice, large, flat boulder and laid down for a little rest in the sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home