11 July 2006

Eventful weekend

This weekend was planned as a stay at home weekend to clean and plan for my vacation to Switzerland. It was slightly more action filled than that.

Friday I went out with a herd (yes there was enough to qualify as a herd) of S. Africans. An entire lifetime's worth of afrikaans in one evening! First, to a party cruise around Amsterdam; so I now can cross off canal cruise from my list of typical Amsterdam things to do. Second, to a Brazilian nightclub for an evening of as close as I get to dancing... Friday night in Amsterdam is everything you would expect, police, paddy wagons, guys peeing in the square, and 33euro parking fees. To thank me for my visit, they closed the A44 down on me again...

Saturday I was rudely awoken just past noon, depriving me of my 8hours of sleep. Then off to a latin dance show/party. Excellent dancing made for fun watching and I met a Zambian girl to cap off a diverse weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home