30 August 2009

Iceland: Day 10: The End

Today was the last day of the Iceland adventure. The plan was to spend the day exploring the Reykjanes peninsula (the area around Keflavik), which I did, seeing the lakes and hot springs.
From Reykjanes
From Reykjanes


But, the pull of Reykjavik was too strong, and so I went back for a few hours in the afternoon. I saw the museum about the earliest settlers to Reykjavik and the Solfar, a must-do photo in Reykjavik (and what you can't see is that the name of the ship out in the distance is Viking, which is very apt).
From Reykjavik
I think what I like about Reykjavik is its size. It is like a big city in miniature. It has all the things of a big city, but in a smaller, more approachable size (and with shorter walking distances). Hopefully I will get a chance to come back sometime. The same is true for all of Iceland. It was an incredible trip, with so many great things to see, and many more left unseen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home