29 April 2009

Great South African Road Trip: Cape of Good Hope

Leaving Cape Town, I worked my way down the Cape Peninsula to the Cape of Good Hope. This was complicated by South African road construction habits, which they seem to have inherited from the dutch. This means that even though there may only be one road along the coast, they don't think twice about closing it for a month. No alternating flows here. Still, I managed to see a few interesting things along the way.
From Cape Peninsula


The Cape of Good Hope itself
From Cape Peninsula

is a really beautiful place. I am glad the sun was out for this. Rocks and bush up against a deep blue ocean is pretty impressive.
From Cape Peninsula

From Cape Peninsula

It's also exciting to be standing in a place that feels like for all intents and purposes the edge of the world. No more land until you reach Antarctica.

In fact, they even have penguins
From Cape Peninsula


Next up is the wine country.

1 Comments:

At 8:35 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

Ooh, I want to see some penguins! So far your pictures are reminding me of the Caribbean (sans penguins.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home