14 April 2009

Easter in Tuscany: Last Day

For the last day of the trip, I decided to go without a real plan and instead drive through the countryside in whichever direction looked interesting and avoid the main roads until it was time to head for the airport. This was well worthwhile and very relaxing.

One of the nicer places I stopped was Castiglion Fiorentino. It was one of the places that had been on my list, but I had dropped it because I didn't think it ranked highly enough. It is a compact and well preserved hilltown with lots of narrow streets and hardly any tourists. It was a nice place to stop for a while.
From Tuscany


The other major stop was Cortona, but I found it less attractive and full of tourists. But, it is the countryside that is best.
From Tuscany

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home