08 July 2008

Great Scandinavian Road Trip: Day 3: Jax drowns in mineral water (not really)

Today I learned an important lesson, that the still mineral water and the fizzy mineral water don't come in blue and red bottles like they do in many other parts of europe. The result was that when I went to refill my sports bottle from a new large bottle I'd bought, it sprayed me with water after having rattled around in the back of the car for a while. I also learned that fizzy mineral water doesn't come with sports tops for a reason. I still refilled my bottle using it, but later when I went to get a drink, the pressure popped the top open and sprayed me in the face with water...again...not a stellar day for me.

On the other hand, quite a good bit of scenery was seen. First to Eidfjord to see the Voringfossen waterfalls, and the nature center & nearby valley that the hotel insisted I must go see.


Then on to Steindalsfossen,


and Bergen.

Bergen is a pretty nice city; it has a lot of character. The downtown area around the harbor is very attractive and the historic area contains a lot of old, brightly colored wooden buildings. Made for a nice area to just walk and explore.



The rest of the pics from today are here.

1 Comments:

At 8:49 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

Maybe its my computer, but I can't see your pictures. Nice job with the water. You seem intent on self-destruction this trip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home