24 July 2007

Grindelwald

For the second part of the vacation I went back to Grindelwald. Instead of staying in the town itself, I stayed some distance outside of town up in the hills. I think that was much more pleasant as it avoided the tourist crowds. The drive to Grindelwald went via the Albula, San Bernardino, and Sankt Gotthard passes. It made for a long, but very enjoyable day.


The first day was rainy so I went to Luzern to revisit the Verkehrshaus musuem and wander though downtown.


The last day was left for climbing the Schilthorn. Last year, I hiked down it and I felt the whole rest of the year like I had cheated. This time I was going to go up.

It was difficult and I felt like I wanted to die a lot of the time, but I made it to the top. Once there, it felt great and I didn't have to worry about another year's worth of lingering guilt.


The rest of the pics are: here, here, and here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home