30 May 2009

Kutna Hora

It is hard to believe that after three years in Europe, I had yet to visit Prague. So, since it was a three day weekend, I decided there was not excuse to delay any longer. The weather, however, was not quite what I would have hoped for. In rare contrast to The Hague, which was sunny and warm, the Czech Republic was cool and rainy the whole weekend. The first day was the rainiest, and I decided to take a side trip out to Kutna Hora.

Kutna Hora is a very nice city not too far from Prague. The main attraction is the ossuary, where you can see a church done up in a very macabre style.
From Kutna Hora


The city center itself is also very nice with several nice churches.
From Kutna Hora

But, given the weather, I spent a lot of the time there having a long lunch inside where it was dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home