29 April 2008

Ireland: Day 4

Day 4 in Ireland was spent in Killarney National Park. It started with a morning hike up the Gap of Dunloe. This is another place the guidebooks warn you about. The books say the road isn't for cars, that there are pony & traps bumper to bumper on it, and only fools walk it. Well, along my hike up to the top of the pass and back, I saw several cars, only two traps, and plenty of walkers, lots of emptiness, and one show off of a lamb.

To prove my point, after I got back to the car, I drove back up the pass and down the other side. This was a good decision since it led to some beautiful and remote scenery.

Next was to the main part of the park to see Killarney House, the lake, and the waterfall.


The rest of the pictures can be found here.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

That is the cutest lamb in the world. I would have gladly given up my yarn to have that lamb instead. I think I went to Killarny House. It was in Killarny and it was a house, so how could it NOT be Killarny house?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home