01 December 2006

Snarl!

This week just hasn't been quite what it should be. First, one of the lightbulbs in the livingroom went out. This wasn't much of a problem because I could use other lights until I could go to the store and get more lightbulbs. Except that the next night a second bulb blew, leaving me in a dim livingroom. What made me forget this was the next morning when I tried to take a shower but found out there wasn't any hot water. Fortunately, someone from work was able to help me fix this. Apparently, the heating and waterheaters here are in an evil league together. When the water level in your radiator loop drops too far, your hot water switches off until you refill it. Why the system would be losing water, I don't know. Nor do I know what the heating and hot water would be so linked. But, now I do know why there was a garden hose sitting next to the central heating. Obviously, this meant the worst of the week was over. Except that this next morning when I went to take a shower, the pilot light had gone out. I didn't know that at first; I just noticed the water getting cooler. I just kept turning the water up warmer to compensate until there was a short blast of scalding hot water followed by nothing but cold. When I got home, I managed to figure out how to relight the pilot light, thanks to the wonders of babelfish and the heater manual. So, now I have hot water, but will I tomorrow?

On a positive note, some bubble wrap came today in the mail.

1 Comments:

At 6:55 pm, Blogger Diana said...

Where are you when I need you?!? My hot water ran out today - at a very opportune moment, 30 minutes before I needed to be ready for a party. Needless to say I'll be late :( You better be having fun whereever you are!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home