16 September 2006

Noch ein maß

Oktoberfest 2006: "A total breakdown of law and order" (a german policewoman at the scene).

After way more years than I care to admit, I have made a return to Oktoberfest. It was much the same as before, except much, much more crowded. By the time we arrived, all the seats in the beer tents were filled (and it was hours before the time they start serving). We tried several places, gave up and watched the parade. So, unfortunately, no beer tent shenanigans to report. Instead, we settled on lunch in a smaller tent and contented ourselves with sausages and a few maß of Paulaner, which was my objective for the day. We didn't stay too long after that as my mom does not particularly approve of these kinds of events. I elected not to go on the rollercoasters, mostly due to time, but they did look very impressive:


Likewise, no bumper cars either. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I really don't think the bumper cars looked nearly as dangerous as they used to. I mean what fun is that? I can remember when German bumper cars were ridiculously fast and you wished they'd issue neck braces so you weren't in pain for the next week. The world of my childhood is gone. But, in someways it isn't; the motorcycle stunt show was still there (and a fine piece of photography too if I might add):


Which brings us to the conclusion of our entry: a picture of me hanging with my homies. It's such a bad picture I just had to put it up. Don't ask me why we're all looking one direction and the picture was taken from another. They were supposed to wait until we posed.

For the rest of the details, go to the gallery.

1 Comments:

At 1:28 pm, Blogger Diana said...

Cool. A little taste of what I can expect next weekend when I'm there myself. Enjoy the rest of your vacation week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home