25 April 2006

Much overdue update

I've been neglecting my posting obligations, but now that I'm in the apartment I should begin to make up for that. Yes, you heard correctly, I am now officially residing in my new apartment (as of Sunday). I have no furniture aside from a few bar stools and I'll be sleeping on the floor for a while. I've been making many, many trips to Ikea trying to piece together some basic essentials until my stuff arrives on the 20th (ugh). To give some idea of how much I've been splurging on temporary items to get me by, I shall read selected entries from my receipt: 2 pillows@65cents, 1 blanket@5euro, block of knives@2euro, 6 glasses@2.50euro, silverware for 4@2euro. This list really just keeps going. Sleeping on the floor is not the best, but a laundry duffel makes a pretty decent pillow. Today I learned that my alcohol and tobacco ration has essentially been doubled. At this price, you almost can't afford to not drink and smoke. But, I wonder if they are secretly trying to kill me off.

Random fact of the day: That tram line running through my apartment? It's the way the trams go back to their little tram-house...all at once, after midnight. But that's ok, they all leave again around 6am.

Pictures to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home